Sunday, November 12, 2006

2:47 a.m. - I was just jarred awake by blood-curdling Farsi screaming by at least 3 people from upstairs having what sounded like some sort of disagreement with at least 2 wildebeasts to realize that I have caught the cold/sinus infection that seems my whole department at work has had within the last week.

3:06 a.m. - Read the online People magazine heading "Tobey Maguire is a Dad" and register it as "Tobey Maguire is Dead." Which is followed by a personally unprecedented short jump of shock and panic over a celebrity death before realizing I've only mis-read.

3:57 a.m. - I think I am ready to go back to bed.

6:37 a.m. - "Waking up," even though I never fell back to sleep. It seems my earlier declaration of illness was immature as I believe it to have been only my grogginess and mid-sleep congestion.

7:00 a.m. - Make breakfast: eggs and grits. Watch new episode of Degrassi.

7:45 a.m. - Shower, dress, online adventures on youtube.com.



9:01 a.m. - Leave for work.

9:10 a.m. - Enter the last car on the N train, run into co-worker. Chat on the way to work.

9:35 a.m. Arrive at work.

1 comment:

Ryan Jaye said...

Oh God...Tobey...NO!!!!

I don't know what I'd do. Likely, be in perpetual mourning like a Sicilian widow.