Planning for a First Weekend in November

My Mom is hitting a milestone birthday this year, in early November. My milestone birthday came and went without too much fanfare, but thinking that she has 30 more milestone years behind her than I do, I figure I should say "how high" when she says jump. I mean, one of the last phone conversations we had she mentioned how much she would like for at least ONE of her three kids to be there for it. Even though I wasn't planning to see her until Christmas holidays, being the self-declared favorite, I decided that that one child was me.

And being that I remember birthdays and my siblings do not, I called them and told them they should come too. My sister will not be joining me. My brother (and his whole family) will.

So, I called my Mom and asked what she was doing Thursday, November 3rd, and knowing that she rarely plans more than 2 days in advance for anything, her response was "I don't know." And then I sprung it on her. "Can you pick me up from the airport?"

Surprise!

I'll be really happy to see my Mom. I haven't seen her since last Christmas. Woo HOO! 6 days in Florida.

1 comment:

John said...

if you make it to WPB, let me know