A Week of Posts in One

Today, I woke up hungover. A rare occassion. Not a bad one, just one of those daze-y/foggy ones. No headache or anything. Here is my cure:

  • drink a few glasses of water upon waking.
  • ummm, shower.
  • since I work on S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y-s, I got ready.
  • listen to Ani DiFranco's new CD, Reprieve, and read Catcher in the Rye on my commute.
  • large iced coffee from Au Bon Pain.
  • a cuppa yogurt (vanilla) et granola.
  • more water, smartwater.

Onward and onward. I have been a busy man. I have been man busy. This week, I had Tuesday-Thursday off. It is always so nice to have an extra day off. But before I get into my days off let me tell you this:

I started Apartment/Catsitting on Monday. A 4 day stint. Seems easy, right? Lemme tell ya that this goddam housesitting gig was the most involved stuff ever. First off, the owners are both Doctors. The wife is a Psychiatrist. The husband, I have no idea what kinda doctor he is. I didn't meet him. I'll say more about that at the end. They are Polish and I have trouble saying their last name (as I only called her Dr. enterlongpolishlastnamehere). I don't think I said it the same way twice. The cats (quantity 4) have equally charming Polish names. I am taking liberties with their spellings: Bombelek, Roomtseis, Maloosha, and Krooshinka. Fantastic cats. Bombelek and Maloosha are Burmese cats. Very curious ones.

Feeding 4 cats twice a day doesn't sound so involved, right? Wait!

  • There are 4 different foods for them.
  • I have to give them all 2cc of Lysine paste a day.
  • One of them needs saline drops in his nose. Then his right canine tooth has to be brushed with an electric toothbush to induce sneezing.
  • The all have their own toothbrush and need brushing once a day or was it after every meal.
  • They get treats after meals. The ones that facilitate healthy teeth and gums (I should eat those).

I think that is it. So four days, twice a day. I stayed there a couple nights. That would have made it a bit easier. However, I was allergic to something in the apartment. I am thinking it was the potpourri in the master bath. I sneezed from the time I walked in to the time I left. It was rather annoying.

So, last night, I went to pick up my fee. I am greeted by Mrs. Dr. and as I enter I see Mr. Dr. (who I haven't met, right, but stayed in his home alone for 4 days) walking into the bedroom. Doesnt close the door. Just walks in and sits down and stays in there the whole time I am there. She goes into the room to get my fee, says something in Polish and then comes out and hands me the dough. Tell me whatya think of that?

So, what else do I have for you? Let'see. My days off.

  • Tuesday, I went home from the apartment sitting apartment and went to bed because I hadn't slept much the night before.
  • Wednesday, I met up with Kevin and hung out all day in the E.Vil. and SOHO. We didn't buy anything. Then, Tim met up with us and we went to Home Depot and bought some paint to paint his kitchen. Then we all headed up to Hamilton Heights and did that. It is red on two opposing walls. Awesome red. It looks good. How else would it look with 3 gays from an art museum handling it? So then, Kevin and I made our way to a friends for Project Runway viewing. We made it just in time. [spoiler alert] Can you believe that Vincent didn't get Auf'd and Alison did?? Whatevs Klum, et al.
  • Thursday, I did laundry and went to Target for some essentials. Underwear and T-shirts. This is also where I picked up the new Ani for $9.98 and I also got the new Christina Aguilera, Back to Basics. I'll say it, naysayers. I am a fan.

Not a day off, but last night, Friday, I went out with an old friend from my Compass days and her work friends. Hi Jason! I had a good time. I got home at 3 a.m. That brings us full circle.

Lastly, I'll give you my celeb-roll or recently sighted celebrities.

  • Joan Rivers, last Sunday, at a small Museum I might work at. She looked better than I thought she would.
  • Eric Nies, Wednesday, on Broadway and Bond Street. My first impression of this guy was that he was disgustingly tan. Then he passed me and I noticed Eric Nies. Remember MTV's The Grind, ya'll?
  • Brendan Sexton, III, Wednesday night on 3rd Ave and 27th. Loved him in Welcome to the Dollhouse and Empire Records. He looked like he came outta the trailer park, though.
  • Bebe Neuwirth, Friday, on 6th Ave at 55th Street. I totally almost flamed out when I saw her. I kept my cool though. She looked damned amazing, though!

August must bring them out. The tourists and celebs have taken over Manhattan.

1 comment:

Jdog said...

"Then his right canine tooth has to be brushed with an electric toothbush to induce sneezing."

Ferreals?!