Worst. Movie. Ever.

Shannon and I went to see A Scanner Darkly after work, yesterday. Terrible, terrible film. When the lights went up and the credits began to roll I was stunned I had just seen an hour and 50 minute anti-drug infomercial along the lines of: This is your brain. This is your brain on Substance D. Any questions?

YES! How did this dumbass movie get funding??

The only redeeming quality of this film is Winona Ryder (and a little Robert Downey Jr. because I have a lways had a thing for him).



Liking only one performance in a film is a little like liking only one chapter from a book. Which book did that for me? The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis. Which chapter? Chapter 8.

But the good thing of liking only one chapter from a book is that you can read only that chapter and skip the rest. I can not watch only Winona and skip Keanu, et al. and the terrible plot.

Watch at your own risk!