Strange Currencies

I am exhausted. The summer in NYC is miserable and beautiful. The day is unbearable and hot, so hot. I'll take upper 90s in South Florida over 93 degrees here, anyday.

What sucks for pale people like me and other people not into heat or the sun:


  • It is bright. My eyes cannot take it being so bright. I squint, which we all know causes crow's feet. I need sunglasses.
  • Shade is hard to find. I try to walk on the side of the street that is shaded and not getting direct light.
  • Light surfaces reflect and blind. Concretes, glass, tiles - NYC loves this stuff!
  • Concrete and brick absorbs and emits. After absorbing heat all day long, it lets heat off all night long.
  • I think you could cook in the subway station if left long enough.

Good things about summer in NYC:

  • I don't have to wear a billion layers.
  • The evenings and nights are generally nice to be out in, unless it is humid as all get out.
  • People are out. Tourists are here. You can check people out more readily.

The heat is getting to me. Things are getting to me.

These words...

I saw Ani DiFranco last night at Summer Stage in Central Park. It is the 4th or 5th time I've been to her show. First time I've seen an outdoor performance. She was really good last night. She hit that groove and stayed in it. Played a few favorites: Little Plastic Castle, Evolve, As Is. Played some new ones. Had a nice mix of slow and upbeat. Good times, good times.

In other news: I have a man crush. This doesn't happen very often. Crushes are weird. They galvanize me. They heighten my self-awareness and make me want to be a better person.

I am eating better. I am more conscious about what I put into my body. I groom more. I started to exercise. I am more productive at work.

If only there were always a looming crush in my life.

4 comments:

Jdog said...

Baked James!!

And maybe you can always have a crush...on Jesus.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TradingCourses said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Emini Daytrader
stock day trading
http://www.daytradingcourse.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »