Celebrate Brooklyn!

Okay! So I moved out of Brooklyn. It doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a free concert in Prospect Park.

Last night was TV on the Radio at the Celebrate Brooklyn summer concert series. The opening bands I won't name as they were seriously generic.

TV on the Radio...


What can I say, I love their CDs. They meticulously handcraft layered constructions of music for my listening enjoyment. It is something special at the scale of the compact disc or iPod listened to individually or in a small group. Sadly, those tight, detailed constructions all fell down when presented live and to a grander audience.

Safety first TV...

I'll still deftly acquire their upcoming album: Return to Cookie Mountain.

6 comments:

Jdog said...

Maybe that guy's wildly waving hand was meant to distract us from the mediocrity?

Luis said...

Okay then I'll just go ahead and name the bands.

They were Voxtrot and Matt Pond PA.

Jdog said...

OH SNAP!

jamesdamian said...

Um, thanks. Now everyone knows which generic bands to steer clear from.

Jdog said...

If you're up for giving the Voxtrot cuties another chance, they're playing a block away from my place on July 4.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»