Pasttimes

Missing in action, my apologies. Nothing much has been taking up my time. Maybe some bad television. O.k., bad television goes without saying. I love it.

Three weeks ago in celebration of my birthday, I left NYC for a little vizi to Florida. It was warm and comforting. I was in Gainesville, home of my Alma Mater and several of my close friends that are in various stages of their life there. The impending move, the biding of time, the channelling of energy towards a focal point. I also got to see my Brother and his family as they live close to the 'ville.

A week ago, I went to the Bring 'Em Home Now concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom. It was most amazing. Here was the line up for the eve in order of performance:

  • Steve Earle
  • Margaret Cho
  • Fischerspooner
  • Speakers: Susan Sarandon and Cindy Sheehan
  • Devendra Banhart
  • Moby
  • Peachers
  • Speaker: Chuck D.
  • Rufus Wainwright
  • Speakers: Veteran of current Gulf war and an Iraqi doctor w/translator.
  • Bright Eyes
  • Michael Stipe with Joseph Arthur, James Iha, and 1 Giant Leap

Needless to say, the concert was amazing. It was the first in a national tour, so if it comes around to your town: SEE IT!

Let's see. What else? I am addicted to making mixes on iTunes, for my iPod. I am constructing detailed characters and narratives. Perhaps I'll share them sometime.

No comments: